Friday, May 15, 2009

Congratulations Malaysia!

Malaysia went down to Pakistan 2-4 in the Asia Cup Hockey in Kuantan, Pahang yesterday, but not before putting up a good fight.

I congratulate Tengku Mahkota of Pahang Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah, the MHF President as well as Tai Beng Hai and Nor Saiful Zaini, the Coach and Assistant Coach respectively. I also congratulate the players for their dedication and commitment.

This is a young team. It should be kept together. I hope to see them perform in next year's Word Cup in India and in the 2012 Olympics in England.

p.s. Someone pointed out to me that Malaysia does not qualify for next year's hockey World Cup in India despite making it to the semi-finals of the Asia Cup. I was in the impression that the top four teams in the Asia Cup will automatically qualify for the World Cup. My mistake, and I apologise for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kalahpun dapat pujian. begitulah untungnya jadi atlit ka mesia nii. kalu menang dapat hadiah tanah atau datuk. begitulah kita!!